Saturday, August 16, 2008

Crochet Monkey

I just had to share this fun project I just completed last night!

I have a friend in Ohio who's expecting a boy, named George, with a monkey themed room. I wanted to make something for her upcoming shower. So, I did some Google searching and found this cute amigurumi monkey pattern by ChimuChimu!

I left off the bead eyes to avoid a choking hazard, and put a "G" for "George" on his shirt. (the room is brown, orange, & green) It was so much fun...I think I'll have to make another one for my little guy. I am thinking maybe I'll try making little suspenders with buttons or a hat or something on the next one!

I made this over just two evenings, sitting on the couch watching olympics with my hubby. (Plus a little bit during lunch yesterday) Who says you can't be productive while watching TV?! Thank goodness for instant replays...although I did look up periodically to catch Michael Phelps' INCREDIBLY close race last night!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's going on in the world of Junk Mail Gems, along with other cool, hand-made "green" products, DIY projects, and more!