Monday, June 14, 2010

Recycled Burlap Sacks

I just recently came up with an idea for something useful that I want to make using burlap, so I posted a "wanted" ad on my local Freecycle site, in hopes of obtaining some.  If I do get my hands on some, I will share my project with you!

But, in the meantime, I thought I'd peruse the web for some other fun ways to use burlap.  Of course, there are more sites that sell recycled burlap handbags than you can shake a potato at, so I thought I'd highlight some of the more unique applications...

like this cool chair made from burlap sacks from Colcha: (via Green Eco Services)
















Have yourself a red and GREEN Christmas with this great stocking by Lama Designs: (via Yummery)


















You can also make quite the fashion statement with these great pants and skirts made from recycled burlap sacks: (via Great Green Goods)

3 comments:

Jenny Lou Who said...

I can't even imagine wearing something made of burlap. Or sitting on it comfortably. I'd have to think up something else to do with it, though, because burlap is such a neat fabric to use.

Gretchen Fleener said...

True...although as their site mentions the pants/skirts are fully lined with cotton/polyester. But, I am curious how the fabric would move with (or against) you when you sit!

amy said...

I too have an obsession with burlap sacks. I wanted to make a curtain out of one but couldn't find any in my price range so I made my own. Here is a link to my tutorial on how you too can make your own feed sack.
http://www.peppertowne.com/2010/02/vintage-grain-sack-tutorial.html

Thanks for sharing all those pretty pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's going on in the world of Junk Mail Gems, along with other cool, hand-made "green" products, DIY projects, and more!